A history of the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews from 1754-1900 -
Harry Sterling Crawfod Everard
1907 - W. Blackwood, Edinburgh - First Edition
The first written history of St. Andrews Golf Club and, as Murdoch states, "a monumental effort of original research and one that is most readable, even today." The illustrations include some of the first in colour of golf.
A near fine copy of what is regarded as the cornerstone of any serious collection of golf books. Owned by Sir John Gilmour, possibly inherited from his father who opened Lundin Golf Club’s new clubhouse in 1896. [We can provide information on Sir John Gilmour on request]